The Development Manager is an exciting role to be proactively involved role in the growth and development of SCAPE Group’s service provision, focused on building strong clients and partner relationships and to support the continued growth and success of the company and its subsidiaries.
We are looking to recruit 1 Development Manager in the North and 1 in the South West.
SCAPE has continued to evolve since its inception 15 years ago and is more than just a public sector procurement organisation. As a team we seek to “create a world everyone deserves”, and this purpose drives every single one of our activities, services, and strategies.
Our values and behaviours sit at the heart of how we work together and provide a framework for how we approach our work and working relationships.
We provide an inclusive and engaging work environment being recognised in the Top 100 Best Not-for-profit Companies to work for in 2020 by the Sunday Times Best Companies List. We support, challenge, and continually develop our people to make a significant impact and contribution.
What the role involves
- Ensure strong national and regional client strategic relationships are developed and maintained
- Make a positive contribution to the Operate & Maintain – Strategy & Develop business model
- Promote and develop innovative delivery solutions through specialist frameworks
- Work proactively within this high performing team to consistently build the presence, perception and commercial success of the Group and its subsidiaries
- Challenge and support the Group Development team to ensure we maintain high standards of performance and collaboration
- Ensure strong national and regional client relationships are developed and maintained
- Represent Scape Group at national, regional and client events, as directed.
- Support the development of and deliver the agreed growth strategy for the Group and its subsidiaries by implementing the business development strategies.
What you will bring to the role
- Experience working in the build environment and public sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and client engagement skills to communicate with a range of audiences and backgrounds working collaboratively.
- A proven track record of being an excellent team player, liaising with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills to effectively influence and persuade audiences with different backgrounds and levels of understanding.
- A good understanding of current issues and trends within the public sector, including best practice.
- Self-motivator with a can-do attitude and drive for the development and growth of the group.
In return we can offer you:
- An attractive salary between £55,000 to £59,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- A car allowance.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to statutory England bank holiday entitlement
- Flexible working hours and policies to support your work/life balance.
- You will be home based working within your region and with some national travel, including working from our Head Office in Nottingham.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering lettering by setting out how you meet the role requirements and what you can personally add to the Group Development team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about Scape can be found at www.scape.co.uk.