We have a great new opportunity for a HR Advisor to join the team and support our exciting programme of HR activities across the business.
SCAPE provides an inclusive and engaging work environment being recognised in the Top 100 Best Not-for-profit Companies to work for in 2020 by the Sunday Times Best Companies List. We support, challenge, and continually develop our people to make a significant impact and contribution.
As a team, we seek to “create a world everyone deserves”, and this purpose drives every single one of our activities, services, and strategies. Our values and behaviours sit at the heart of how we approach our work and working relationships.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
About the role
The HR Advisor is a generalist role in a small team where you will:
- Be responsible for proactive management of employee case work, coaching and supporting managers with employee relations issues.
- Co-ordinate and advise managers on all recruitment activities from reviewing job requirements through to effective induction.
- Lead on the health and wellbeing agenda, arranging and promoting activities and initiatives across the group.
- Support on HR projects including workforce planning, pay reviews, employee engagement, talent management and diversity and inclusion, taking a lead role as appropriate.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of our HR System (People HR) and provision of management information.
- Proven experience of working in a generalist HR role and dealing with all people issues throughout the employee life cycle.
- Working knowledge of current employment legislation and applying this in advice and support to managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and build working relationships across the Group.
- Self-motivation to deliver the service with initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong ICT skills with the knowledge and ability to maintain HR Systems and HR information on our company intranet.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines.
- Full or part CIPD qualified.
- Ideally you may also be a mental health first aider or champion to support our priorities around mental health.
About the rewards
We offer a wide range of employment benefits, initiatives and working arrangements which are aimed at creating a positive working environment in which employees are able to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- A competitive salary of between £29,000 - £39,000 depending on experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement
- Flexible working (including hybrid working) and a wide range of health and well-being and social activities
- An exceptional working environment
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering lettering by setting out how you meet the role requirements by Monday 24 January 2022.